All kinds of parquet are very easy to maintain. Parquet does not require any particular care, since all things considered it is a durable type of floor covering.
The varnished floor has received a protective surface treatment which, if well looked after, will remain intact for a long time, protecting the wood from wear and dirt, and will retain its characteristics and beauty over time.
A few simple rules should be followed to keep a parquet floor looking good over time:
1. Place a doormat at the entrance to your home, to wipe the soles of shoes and remove dust or particles which may be abrasive on contact with the surface of the wood;
2. Remove the dust that deposits every day with dust-grabber cloths, a fringed brush or a vacuum cleaner;
3. Clean the parquet with a damp, well wrung cloth from time to time. A few drops of neutral parquet cleaner can be added to the water;
4. Do not forget to perform regular treatments with protective products – which may be self-polishing or re-polishing – consisting of resins dispersed in water. The frequency of treatment will depend on the level of use and foot traffic on the floor.
5. Always fit felt pads under the legs of chairs.
6. Do not wet.
7. Floors subjected to particularly heavy use may be protected with a special POLISH for pre-finished parquet.
8. Do not use alcohol, ammonia or solvents which may damage the varnish.
These procedures, alternating with polishing even without using specific products, are sufficient to ensure hygiene and keep the floor in good condition over time.